Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Halk

Whonix+Kali exit node

Recommended Posts

socks chain is transparent(not encoded). Most bad design tor->socks, socks->tor looks better. So tor->vpn better design. When you use tor->socks->socks...->socks then last tor node know all about your socks chain going next.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Aeki said:

socks chain is transparent(not encoded). Most bad design tor->socks, socks->tor looks better. So tor->vpn better design. When you use tor->socks->socks...->socks then last tor node know all about your socks chain going next.

Totally agree that exiting via VPN is more secure due to "covering up" tor traffic.
The main issue is that not every vpn company allows their vpn servers to be used as exit nodes. So i am still testing which ones are good.

For example if I install the gui version of some of them, they dont connect. Using openvpn configs solves this.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry dude but you can't use VPN over TOR, only VPN->TOR, for more specific information look on official whonix page about different chains anonymity.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Torden said:

Sorry dude but you can't use VPN over TOR, only VPN->TOR, for more specific information look on official whonix page about different chains anonymity.

As far as I understood you, we can't use any vpn over TOR(which given by gateway) in whonix workstation?
We can.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dreenofx said:

As far as I understood you, we can't use any vpn over TOR(which given by gateway) in whonix workstation?
We can.

In this case - we can't. In another system - yes. But it's not good decision cause this established connect will be often destablished. Anyway, all depend from your goals.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...